Watch the film and join the conversation.
Join us for all virtual events or choose the ones that are most interesting to you!
Solving Water Together: Diving Into Water Quality
Tuesday, September 15th at 1:00 pm EDT
Whether we are swimming, fishing, or paddling, using it for our drinking water source, to grow our food, or simply walking the beach observing the wildlife that relies on it, we all have a deep connection to the water and a responsibility to protect it. Join us as we demonstrate surface water quality testing and discuss why citizens monitoring the health of their local bodies of water is vital. This event will be co-hosted by Xylem Watermark Champion Michelle Muller and EarthEcho Youth Leadership Council member Domingo Cortinez.
Solving Water Together: Careers in the Water Industry
Thursday, September 17th 1:00 pm EDT
When we turn on the tap, we often don’t give much thought to where our water comes from and where it goes after we use it. A vast array of engineers, chemists, technicians, and those in the skilled trades work behind the scenes to keep our water use cycle humming along. Join us as we explore the ways in which water industry professionals solve global water issues through innovation and collaboration. Panelists include:
- Torri Epperson, Education Outreach Coordinator, DC Water
- Jens Scheideler, Manager Commercialization, Xylem Inc.
- Benay Akyon, Product Engineer, Xylem Inc.
- Donna Laviolette, Senior Manager, Global Sustainability, Xylem Inc.
- Moderator, Armon Alex, EarthEcho Youth Leadership Council
Solving Water Together: Leadership for a Clean Water Future
Friday, September 18th 1:00 pm EDT
Protecting the health of our aquatic ecosystems and access to clean water is one of the greatest global challenges of our time. As Matt Damon said in the film Brave Blue World, “How lucky are we that we’re the ones who get to solve this?” Join us for a panel of innovators and change-makers engaging with students across the world as we explore solutions to the global water crisis and connect youth to their water resources through the EarthEcho Water Challenge.
- Philippe Cousteau, Founder, EarthEcho International
- Joe Vesey, Senior Vice President, Chief Marketing Officer, Xylem Inc.
- Ifetayo Venner, Water Sustainability Leader, Arcadis NA, WEF Board of Trustees
- Gitanjali Rao, Young Inventor, Tethys lead detection device
- Moderator, Ivanya Johnson, EarthEcho Water Challenge Ambassador