The EarthEcho Water Challenge (formerly World Water Monitoring Challenge) is a program of EarthEcho International that runs annually from March 22 (the United Nations World Water Day) through December and equips anyone to protect the water resources we depend on every day.
The Water Challenge builds public awareness and involvement in protecting water resources around the world by engaging citizens to conduct basic monitoring of their local waterbodies:
- Check – It all starts by understanding the state of water quality in your community. You can do just that with a simple test kit that may be purchased here.
- Share - Enter your data online to our international database and share your story and photos with us on social media using hashtag #MonitorWater and @EarthEcho. By doing so, you join a network of citizens from more than 150 countries, and become part of the solution for clean water and healthy waterways worldwide.
- Protect – Armed with your test results, you can use the information and resources available on this site to take action and protect the vital water resources in your community.
Protecting the quality of water in our local watersheds is a critical part of ensuring the overall health of the environment and our communities. Participating in the EarthEcho Water Challenge is a great way to be part of the solution to water issues worldwide.
About EarthEcho International
EarthEcho International believes youth have the power to change our planet. We are a nonprofit organization founded by siblings Philippe and Alexandra Cousteau in honor of their father Philippe Cousteau Sr., son of the legendary explorer Jacques Yves Cousteau. Our mission is to inspire young people worldwide to act now for a sustainable future. Our approach is simple; EarthEcho’s programs utilize 21st century tools and interactive resources to empower and equip youth to identify and solve environmental challenges by taking action in their own communities. These include:
- EarthEcho Water Challenge
- OurEcho Challenge
- EarthEcho Academy
- EarthEcho Youth Leadership Programs
EarthEcho has unique access and reach through major media platforms and partnerships.
- Media: Awesome Planet, Great Big Story, Social platforms
- Partnerships: XPRIZE Foundation, United States Department of State